'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Wind Coming

I've just heard that there's a gale warning for the Bay of Plenty.  It might explain why I felt vaguely uneasy down on the beach this morning.  The sky was millky and I could almost look directly at the sun.
However there were some nice patterns in the sand as the tide was very far out.
The whiter sand is lighter and gets 'sorted' to the top.







10 comments:

  1. It looks rather outer-wordly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful picture. I always enjoy shots before and after bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sand patterns always fascinate me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love walking along beaches but there is something special about walking along on the ebb tide when all the patterns are emerging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it takes an artist like you to truly observe the delicate wild beauty of an empty beach. The images might easily appear as large canvases at Tate Modern with fancy titles like "Emergence" and "Corruption".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bet it was cold !

    ReplyDelete
  7. VS, yes, it was weird.
    Adrian, yep, some of the best effects are then. I remember a strange green light on dusk one time just before a thunderstorm.
    Cro. They are so incredibly detailed.
    GB. Yes, I love the line of opened pipi and NZ clam shells left behind by the Oystercatchers too.
    YP, When I am making a lot of art, I do seem to see different things.
    Helsie, actually, it wasn't very cold at all. About 12ºC, and not very windy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sand patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. John, yep.
    Monica, endless variety!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.