'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Ohope Beach - the Golden Hour

Just in case you were wondering, Ohope (Or-hor-pay), where I am house- and pet-sitting at the moment, is about 90 minutes traveling southeast(ish) from my home in Tauranga.  It is in the North Island of New Zealand, still on the same big bay - the Bay of Plenty - named by Captain James Cook in 1769, because the Maori were very generous here and he was able to resupply his ship with provisions.



Although it was rather chilly this afternoon, I ventured out with the dogs. I'm glad I did because the clouds looked fantastic as the sun went down. It was hard to pick the best three images.






10 comments:

  1. Beautiful; and no-one there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About one person per km Cro.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love the middle one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my favourite too. I bought an app called 'Photostitch' Helsie, and did it vertically, stitching two landscape-shaped images together.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful place to house sit, and sky watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violet - yes, absolutely gorgeous. Although the whole of the Bay of Plenty, apart from the built-up bits around Tauranga, is pretty much like this. And don't forget it's winter too, so only locals on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the middle image is fantastic Kate. Surreal. I believe that Shirley and I paused on the same beach after leaving Rotorua. I can remember the island.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your feet may well have trod this beach YP. They call the Island 'Whale Island' or Moutohora, if that rings a bell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1 person per kilometre! So it was a busy day then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes GB. My throat was quite dry saying all the good mornings.

      Delete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.