'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 15 April 2013

The Night Watch Reenactment


Here's a post for Ben and Renée, since Amy Walker didn't do a Dutch Accent.




For those unfamiliar with it, here's the original of Rembrandt's humungeous military portrait commonly known as 'Der Nacht Wacht' ('Night Watch').
It is very dark due to the varnish, and was apparently probably not intended as a night scene at all.

Rembrandt van Rijn. 1642.  
(363 cm × 437 cm (11.91 ft × 14.34 ft))
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_Watch

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous! How I wish someone would do one of these when I'm in a shopping centre !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Helsie. I wish I lived in Europe every time I watch some fantastic YouTube clip of a Flash Mob singing, dancing or performing. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. I'm speechless. A very rare event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing is n’t it! Thanks.
    See you visited the Rijksmuseum’s site.
    It took a very very long time to renew the Rijksmuseum in its old glory, with new technology.
    Last weeks the Rijksmuseum generated a lot of media attention. Opening day, Saturday 13 April admission was free.
    As a kid I have been there many times, lived not far away from it. Will probably go there when visiting numbers are down a little to enjoy it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the 'performance' was advertising the 'brand new' Rijksmuseum Ben. I would love to go!

      Delete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.