'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Friday 22 April 2011

Lego Art




Another quick post - I have deadlines looming, but I just wanted to share this.

I hope you will enjoy this wondrous contraption that reminded me a little of Fischli and Weiss's 1987 art movie Der Lauf der Dinge ('The Way Things Go')

I glanced at the length - 'this is long' I thought, 'I've too much to do to watch an eight-minute clip.' Eight minutes later...

Thanks again Flatattack.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait but I shall have to. 8 minutes on my T stick is just too much: too slow and too Mb hungry. So I shall wait a week and watch it when I'm back in Scotland on 'proper' Broadband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for your annual migration Geeb! Gosh it seems to have suddenly come around. Safe journey and 'talk' to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Katherine. This is simply wonderful! Thank you so much for posting it, the nearly eight minutes went by very quickly.

    One of my very favourite games as a child, was Mousetrap. This is like a huge scaled up version of the same thing, and just delighted me on this cold, stormy night.

    Kind regards, Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kitty! I remember 'Mousetrap"! It had completely slipped my mind. Thanks for the memories, a friend had one. We only had lowtech stuff like 'Pick up Sticks'. Ha.
    There is at least one computer game that lets you add on and manipulate a train of reaction like this. What's it's name J?

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.