'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Friday 14 November 2008

Clip 2; Charlie Bit Me.


This has been around a while and if you haven't seen it you may be in the minority.  I post it here because it is just lovely.  What a gentle, kind lad Harry is, and what awesome parenting from Richard and Judy to have raised these two children, one of whom at least, solves his problems with talk! 

3 comments:

  1. Aw! How sweet!...Not! SEE left of post - 67 colours! 67! Does that include the prefixed terms "dark" and "light" as in dark brown, light brown?
    By the way I discovered that the science teacher - Mrs Sommers now lives on an island just east of Auckland - it begins with a W - a Maori nmae I think so, in their corrugated iron potting shed, I guess they'll not be short of freshly squeezed orange juice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No YP, takes too long to type those. I'm thinking more ones like scarlet, teal, violet, carmine, tan, khaki, navy, cerulean, burnt umber, lilac, lime, grey, rose, lemon... see, there's lots.

    Mrs Sommers has gone to live on Waiheke Island? Good for her! It's lovely there. See if you can angle to stay there when you come over - it's a little piece of paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KATHERINE - You forgot red, blue and yellow! The primary colours! Call yourself an Art teacher? Pah!

    That's right - Waiheke. I image searched it - sigh! What a brave thing Mr and Mrs Sommers did in 2001. If only Shirley had been a bit more adventurous, I'd have been teaching in NZ years ago myself. I might have even brought over some bricks to show the natives!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.