'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 13 October 2008

Sun-up on Sunday.


Here comes the sun, doodan doo-doo ...




Bounced out of bed yesterday, off to the park and stood on the top while the 'dawn inches up', looking at the broom-swept clouds and the promise of a lovely day.  Shelly got scared when I moo-ed at the cattle over the river and for a while she trotted nervously beside me with her tail down, sure that they were going to be after us.  But she soon regained her usual flag-flying exuberance and was off making a track ahead of me in the dewy grass.



Help, don't let them get me, mum!

Are you sure they can't swim?

8 comments:

  1. if you are up early enough today to photograph the dawn I think somebody needs to take you to one side and explain what sundays are for katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogpost is dated October 13th but my response is being typed up on the 12th! I feel like Dr Who! More lovely photos of the early NZ sunmmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Arthur, I KNOW what Sundays are for! And so did he, but a couple of months ago he decided they were for someone else. This is my stoic, reluctant and temporary substitute.

    YP, you'll just have to look at my previous days' posts if you are getting all flummoxed. I did try to help you by posting about Sunday on Monday...

    I thought it was not serious, but now I'm convinced you are suffering from a relatively common temporal affliction - an infection of Tempo-egoitis caused by the gram-negative bacteria tempococci. It's very common in the northern hemisphere countries. There is only one cure. You have to travel to New Zealand and stay for at least 5 months. That will provide immunity for about three or four years, when you'll have to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean that if I read your Saturday post on Friday that it will really be Saturday and I won't have to go into work?? I'm so confused!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Q.E.D - another case. Ken, take three clocks set at different times and go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone really know what day it is? Does anyone really care? Hmmmm that reminds me of something.

    Regardless of day, the pictures are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous14.10.08

    Beautiful pictures - I love the one of the cattle across the river - and also the one of Shelly silhouetted in the mist.

    'Gram-negative tempococci'! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. black boxed here..a litttle like Dr Who! Lovely blog and super photos. I haven't seen dawn for some time ...especially on a Sunday.
    Congratulations on your award,
    Chimera.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.