'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 27 October 2008

Summer lushness






Summertime, and the rain it raineth everyday.  Not really, but I'm sorry for nine-to-fivers who had had a lot of wet weekends so far...
But it's good for the grass and the garden.   Down at the park, the raindrops sat gently on the new dawn redwood leaflets, and I could almost hear the bullrushes down by the river rushing to be as high as an elephant's eye.
The avocado is smothered with flower buds.  And the scarlet oak in my garden is looking pale and lovely against the dark of the miro and tanekaha.


3 comments:

  1. Okay, okay don't rub it in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous28.10.08

    But I bet at least it's warm down there! We're just settling into the nastiest period of the year here. Wall to wall wind, water and mud till March, when it settles down a bit and we get the wind without the mud and only intermittent rain.

    I was watching one of my tapes of NZ this morning and getting quite nostalgic. It included that wonderful rendition of the national anthem with video of some of the country's most beautiful areas that used to be shown on TV close-down. Does TV still close down?

    I remember TV Kiwi going up to his nest on the antenna!

    I wanna come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry YP. Maybe you are just too sensitive!
    Jay - yes, I'm not complaining - it's been between 17ºC and 23ºC in the middle of the day.

    I think they've put an end to the Goodnight Kiwi cartoon, but I think TV does still close down...
    I liked the antenna nest too!

    So, come back! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.