'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 15 September 2008

Take time


Take time to gaze at a sunset sky
Where colours blaze to dazzle the eye.
Take time to watch a moonlit sea
And look in awe at a towering tree.
Take time to look in the heart of a flower
Adorned with diamonds from a gentle shower.
Take time to view a mountain high
With snowy peak ‘gainst bluest sky.
Take time to listen to the song of birds - 
A paean of joy without need of words.
Take time to tell your closest friend
Your love and loyalty will never end.
Take time to stop and stand and stare
At wonders round you everywhere.


Editor's comment: Yes I know the sentiments and rhymes are a bit trite, but I still like it.  

1 comment:

  1. I like this photo, I have a real soft spot for seascapes, paintings or photos - must be the sailor in me.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.