'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Sunday 11 May 2008

Autumn




The scarlet oak is in all its glory, and the dawn redwoods and liquid ambers were looking wonderful when I took a painting break and walked around the park today.  Autumn colours are not usually very spectacular in the Bay of Plenty, as it's so warm, but this year seems to be a good one.  Yesterday it got up to 30ºC on the front verandah, but down to 5ºC last night.  I see from wiki Tauranga that the average low for May is about 8ºC, so that might explain the brighter-than-usual colours this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.